Backgroung

Sunday 6 January 2013

All about me..........

The December Challenge on the Merly Impressions Blog is to "Get Stripped"
Not literally thankfully as that would not be a pretty sight!

The challenge is to use the cut-off strips from 12x12" sheets of patterned paper in your design.
A lot of them these days have a pattern printed onto the and I do use them quite a lot on my pages so this challenge sounded good.

I was looking through a photo album which has been packed in the loft since we moved here and found a photograph of me which I actually liked - this is quite unusual as I'm really not photogenic! It was taken at an old work colleagues hen night.


I started with a 12x12" sheet of white bazzill and added some "splats" with Tim Holtz distress stains - I think theses are going to feature a lot in the future - and some papers from the Kaisercraft "check-in" range.
These are quite appropriate as I work in the travel industry.


I used the strip from one of the papers as a vertical then stapled others which had been snipped randomly to form tags. The words are a strip from a Lake House paper which say, Treasure forever what makes you unique, which I had used for another layout.
I distressed the photograph edges and used an emery board to sand out the colour.
Two mats of the paper were used as a mount.


I punched some flowers from the reverse of the papers and circles for the centres then inked the edges with a charcoal ink and drew detail with a fine-liner. The leaves were also punched and added along with a feather.


There was a sticker sheet in the pack too and I chose a couple of relevant tickets and a passport stamp.
Smaller flowers with diamante centres were added to the top of the photo too.
To finish I drew a black line around the edge of the page.

Thanks Chrissy and team for another great challenge!

Thanks for looking
xxx



8 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hi Linda,

Thank you for entering the Merly Challenge.

What a lovely layout, your strips are brilliant and love the paint splats, the colours are beautiful.

Chrissy xXx

Anita said...

Great layout Linda, lovely photo and those paint splats are great! Good luck in the challenge x

Claire said...

Fab page, love the inky splats.
C xx

fatmonica said...

I love this!The splats and the strips of paper are fab!

Tasa said...

wonderful layout, love the use of strips, and all the colour blends so well

Tasa said...

Wonderful layout. I love the imaginative use of strips, very colourful and they all blend so well.

Lynn said...

Great use of the strips Linda, like the photos too. xxx

Linda said...

Am thinking I may have to regrow my hair :)