Sunday, 20 October 2013

A Diamond Anniversary.

Do you know the feeling when someone asks you to make a card and your Mojo takes a walk?
Today I did - I sat and stared at papers this morning and stared some more.....

then out of nowhere back Mojo came, albeit slowly!

I had been asked to make a Diamond Anniversary card for a friend, 8x8" in peach and cream - the brief was they deserved a medal for being together for so long - so that's just what they got.

It started like this - I made 3 peach roses from Bazzill, punched & stamped with a favourite text stamp and espresso ink.


I then experimented with a smaller 6 petal punch and made the cream ones.
I used a piece of paper from a Theresa Collins set and scrunched seam binding along two edges, then added the roses and some foliage die-cut with a memory box die, some punched fronds and a few small twists of thin chiffon ribbon.

The medal came next - I punched 8 scalloped circles with my SU punch and stuck them together.
The central circle was cut with the co-coordinating punch.
I used the cropodile to create the hole and added a eyelet.
The numbers were cut with a Sizzix alphabet, coated with glue (still wet below) and some 3mm diamante.
Bigger bling was added around the scallop.

Here it is in place on the card, held with more of the chiffon ribbon.

The greeting is LOTV mounted onto the larger scallop and circle punches from SU and more Diamonds - of course!

By this time, I realised it was a little thick for an envelope so I chanced my arm and created a matching box.   

I'm quite pleased with the result and hope my friend was too. time the Mojo ups and leaves - think I'll get the punches out and make some roses.

Thanks for taking the time to read my missive

Saturday, 19 October 2013

Noahs Ark

Trying to do some stash busting and came across a kit with some Noahs Ark images.
It contained some decoupage sheets and background cardstock.
This one is 6x6" and has a circle punched with the new Martha Stewart system creating a doiley effect background.
I cut layers of sea and then put the ark just behind.
A rainbow of gems were added too.

This one is A5 - a piece of the cardstock folded.
I created hills for the background then used pairs of animals layered with 3d foam to surround Noah.

This last one (for now) is an 8x8" easel card.
The panel in the middle is the decoupaged image mounted onto white bazzill then onto cardstock.

Below you can see all the layers.

There is still more left over but I've had some other projects to complete (to follow) so will get back to it soon I hope.
Thanks for taking a look.

Wednesday, 16 October 2013

October Card Challenge at Scrapology

Our challenge this month at Scrapology is to create a card using Autumnal colours.
I decided to dig out my favourite decoupage sheets with images designed by Molly Harrison and create the following:
This first one is 8x8" and uses paper from Kaisercraft Pickled Pear collection.
I cut branches with a new Memory box die, snipped and layered into the corner with a cord bow.

The designs are very intricate with lots of fussy cutting but so pretty.

As there are two images on a sheet, I also made this one.
A 6x6" base this time using the same collection of papers.

I tied the cord around the spine this time and created a bow.
A die-cut swirl was added behind the image and some punched branches and a distressed blossom added.
Again, lots of fine details to cut out but I really enjoyed making these.

Pop on over to the Scrapology blog for details of the challenge and our lovely DT's cards.
Thanks for looking

Wednesday, 2 October 2013

B is for Buttons - Scrapology October Challenge

Our Scrapology scraplift this month is by Laura Vegas.
My version is as follows:
I took the “numbers” paper and trimmed to the red outline (approx. 11”) inked and distressed the edges. I had blue bazzill in my kit which I gutted to leave a 1 ½” border which was fixed behind to frame.  I then cut a wavy line from the journaling cards paper on the stripy side (stripes vertical) trimmed to fit an added to the bottom of the page.
**tip – check the other side first in case you want to use one of the cards.

My photo is 6x4” and is mounted onto a piece from the “stripes” paper, all edges distressed again. I cut a variety of edges from the other papers, creating an edged border to the right of my photo and placing others under the edges around the photo.
I cut some chevrons free hand and mounted them on 3d foam, pointing to some words cut from a journaling card.

The buttons were stitched into place, some doubled up, some with bows tied through.
My title was cut using a quick kutz alphabet. Another button was added at the top of the border.

Pop over to the Scrapology for more details of the challenge.