Backgroung

Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Floral Frame for The Inspirers

This is my latest make for Crafter's Companion Inspirers - A project for Mum - I chose to make a framed picture.


I started with the Downton Abbey - Downton Decor die, cut from a piece of White Linen effect card measuring 6 1/2" square. This die does not cut the outside edge so can be placed onto any size card.
The Gemini cuts these in one pass - amazing!
I added a matt of Sheena's Stamping card 7x7" and black Coredinations to fit the frame.
An oval frame was added using the Downton Abbey - Ornate oval frame - it fits perfectly into the centre of the card - and is raised with foam tape.


My flowers are stamped and die cut using Sheena's Perfect Partners Victorian Floral Anemone.
These are currently on 3 for 2 so a great deal!


I water coloured using Spectrum Aqua pens - colours below - using a little artistic licence for the blooms. The jar was cut twice, the lid added over the flower stems with glue gel then a layer of Acetate stuck with glossy accents around the edge to resemble glass.
The blooms and leaves were stuck with the glue gel.



I find that if you shape the flowers when damp they hold their form a lot better.

Finally I die cut a smaller oval from the Downton Frame using the white linen card and coloured as above to match. The letters are from the Die'sire Decorative Alphabet set.
A few gems and pearls were then added.

Thank-you for taking a look
xxx

Monday, 25 July 2016

Wednesday, 20 July 2016

Belated Birthday too!

 I made this one for a friends birthday.


It's only 5 1/2" square but I think the size works well.
I cut the fancy frame from a spellbinders dies and layer it onto a piece of matching card 5 x 4 1/2" using foam tape. 
Once on the card I used a ruler and fineliner to create a thin border.


I'd been making these flowers for another project and they fit perfectly - they are Heartfelt Creations with Prills in the centre.
The message is a new stamp I got from Sir Stampalot recently, I think it's Molly Blooms?

Anyway, I hope you had a lovely birthday Tracey.
xxx

Tuesday, 19 July 2016

Baby Girl card.....

A new baby card I made for my lovely friend Charlotte, who's sister had a beautiful baby girl.

The card is 8x8" square with Doodlebug papers.


Bunting created with a Stampin' Up punch and some rub-on letters.


A few little stitches and buttons...



Thanks for taking a look
xxx

Monday, 18 July 2016

Birthday Boy with Boho Dreams for Merly Impressions

My second project this month for Merly Impressions using Boho Dreams by Kaisercraft.
This one is very versatile and can be used easily for masculine layouts.


Details can be found on the blog here.

Sunday, 17 July 2016

Love, Love, Love.....

My latest project for The Inspirers is a 12x12" scrapbook page using Sara Davis - Signature Range - Love & Romance Collection.

The papers are from the 12x12" paper pad, the woodgrain was trimmed to 11" square and matted onto Black Coredinations from the Neutrals range, gutted to 1" from the edge.


Next I took the hearts paper cut 7 3/4" square then die cut both sides using the Die'sire Classiques Evie ribbon threading die.
This was layered onto white coredinations measuring 7 1/2 x 8" with foam tape leaving a small border, the again on black coredinations 8 x 8 1/2".
Natural jute was threaded and  tied in small bows.


I die cut the love die 3 times and layered over and beneath my photo (which is 3 1/4 x 5 1/2" matted onto black coredinations) using tacky glue  and once dry coated with Glossy Accents.



The hearts were die-cut using one of the nesting dies from the collection then placed down the right hand edge with a tiny amount of tacky glue down the centre. Once dry I used a piercing ruler and thread to stitch them into place.
Finally some small gems were placed in the flower centres on the left side.
All edges have been inked using Black Soot Distress ink.

Thank-you for taking the time to read this post.
xxx



Thursday, 14 July 2016

PaperArtsy #3UP

I was delighted to be chosen for PaperArtsy's #3UP challenge using JOFY (Jo Firth Young) stamps!
As many of you will know, I adore her products so this was a dream come true.

This is what I made - stamp sets in brackets.


I started with a 7x7" piece of watercolour card and stamped the bee-hive (30) and two stems of the lilac/yellow blooms (26) on the left. The background was then given a wash of Tumbled Glass - distress ink.


The blooms (26) were coloured with Shaded Lilac and Squeezed Lemonade.
Three further stems were stamped, coloured then cut out - then layered up with glue gel to create dimension. 


In the centre I stamped the small honeycomb (30) and added some hexagons from the same set, coloured with Wild Honey. These were cut out and glued into place with the Sentiment (mini) over the top.
The hive (30) was coloured next and I added a double spray of the flower (32) stamped directly over.
The flowers were stamped again, coloured with Seedless Preserve and Carved Pumpkin then glued just in the centres. Top-tip - colour the edges on the main page before adding so that the colour reflects underneath too. I just adore these little bees (30) which were cut, coloured and added with glittered wings.


Another favourite stamp is the dragonfly (13) which was cut out twice and layered. Another technique I love is adding detail with a white sharpie pen - I really feel it makes the image "pop".

To finish I cut several of the daisy/grass strips (13) and place them along the base with additional leaves and blooms.
The whole project was mounted onto some black card which I think frames it well.
  This is the colour palate I used - markers and ink pads too.     


Thank-you for taking the time to read this - please take a look at the PaperArtsy blog for more artwork for this challenge.

Thanks Leandra and Darcey too!
xxx