I water coloured using Spectrum Aqua pens - colours below - using a little artistic licence for the blooms. The jar was cut twice, the lid added over the flower stems with glue gel then a layer of Acetate stuck with glossy accents around the edge to resemble glass.
The blooms and leaves were stuck with the glue gel.
I find that if you shape the flowers when damp they hold their form a lot better.
This was layered onto white coredinations measuring 7 1/2 x 8" with foam tape leaving a small border, the again on black coredinations 8 x 8 1/2".
Natural jute was threaded and tied in small bows.
I die cut the love die 3 times and layered over and beneath my photo (which is 3 1/4 x 5 1/2" matted onto black coredinations) using tacky glue and once dry coated with Glossy Accents.
The hearts were die-cut using one of the nesting dies from the collection then placed down the right hand edge with a tiny amount of tacky glue down the centre. Once dry I used a piercing ruler and thread to stitch them into place.
Finally some small gems were placed in the flower centres on the left side.
I was delighted to be chosen for PaperArtsy's #3UP challenge using JOFY (Jo Firth Young) stamps!
As many of you will know, I adore her products so this was a dream come true.
This is what I made - stamp sets in brackets.
I started with a 7x7" piece of watercolour card and stamped the bee-hive (30) and two stems of the lilac/yellow blooms (26) on the left. The background was then given a wash of Tumbled Glass - distress ink.
The blooms (26) were coloured with Shaded Lilac and Squeezed Lemonade.
Three further stems were stamped, coloured then cut out - then layered up with glue gel to create dimension.
In the centre I stamped the small honeycomb (30) and added some hexagons from the same set, coloured with Wild Honey. These were cut out and glued into place with the Sentiment (mini) over the top.
The hive (30) was coloured next and I added a double spray of the flower (32) stamped directly over.
The flowers were stamped again, coloured with Seedless Preserve and Carved Pumpkin then glued just in the centres. Top-tip - colour the edges on the main page before adding so that the colour reflects underneath too. I just adore these little bees (30) which were cut, coloured and added with glittered wings.
Another favourite stamp is the dragonfly (13) which was cut out twice and layered. Another technique I love is adding detail with a white sharpie pen - I really feel it makes the image "pop".
To finish I cut several of the daisy/grass strips (13) and place them along the base with additional leaves and blooms.
The whole project was mounted onto some black card which I think frames it well.
This is the colour palate I used - markers and ink pads too.
Thank-you for taking the time to read this - please take a look at the PaperArtsy blog for more artwork for this challenge.
Our "homework" was to make a card for a participant which would be distributed randomly on arrival. This was the one I made using papers from the Fly Free collection by Kaisercraft, Rose stamp from Always and Forever, Butterfly and words are Tim Holtz.
The images were coloured with a combination of Distress pens, Kaiserfusion pens and Spectrum Sparkle.
This was my room which was very comfortable.
Loved the tiles in the shower & fabulous Elemis products!
The view from the restaurant was stunning...
if you look closely you can see lots of bunnies playing in the evening sun.
Lynn and I enjoyed a few glasses of wine too!
And had to play in the 60's style chair....
Even Ted found a new friend............
This was the card I received from Cathy - Thank-you, it's lovely!
The weather was lovely, apart from a couple of Hail storms...
And beautiful cupcakes made by Merley!
Thanks Chrissy, Paul, Merley and Anam for your hard work :)