Backgroung

Saturday 2 June 2012

Victory!

This months page on Scrapology was based on a layout by Ro Phillipsen.

We used Papermania Portobello Road papers for this months kit - available via Cardinal Colours,
e-mail for details.
I started with the blue dot and gutted the centre. The straw bazzill was cut to 11" and mounted centrally. The paper pack contains some die-cut flags so I used on behind my photo mount which is cut from blue patterned paper 5x8". The photo's are 4.5 x 3.1/4" and are copied from my Dad's collection, he thinks the street party is to celebrate VJ day but cannot be sure.
We won't mention the fact that my Granddad is dressed as a lady in these either!


I cut a strip of red bazzill and added a torn strip of the red floral paper.
We had some union flag ribbon so I cut flags off, distressed the edges with ink and stapled them to the strip along with some twin which I wrapped around.


Various elements from the postcard paper was cut and added, some on 3d foam.
The message was punched with an SU oval in three colours and offset with my notes on top.


I added some twine across the top of the page with staples and "hung the flags out".


Another piece of ribbon was added along the bottom of the photo mount, some ruffled with double sided tape.


Here is the original and the pagemap sketch it came from.



Check out Scrapology for more details of the challenge and see the pages created by the DT.

Hope to see your entries soon! Good Luck!

XXX

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Fantastic layout. Love all the jubilee elements....

Alison said...

Love it! Great embellishments and fab layout. Such precious photos and very time appropriate!

Karen said...

Super page Linda. Great papers.

Anita said...

Fab page Linda, great use of those papers...cracking photos too xx