Backgroung

Sunday 10 June 2012

My other Mum

The Merly Impressions current challenge is a sketch, this is my version.

I used Kaisercraft Flutterby papers, Monarch and Painted Lady.
These papers seemed to be perfect to match the photograph as there is a saying that Butterflies are the spirits of those who have passed away.
Painted Lady is the base page and the frame around the photograph is from the die cuts on the reverse - luckily I had bought 2 sheets :)
The Stripes are cut from Monarch which has a multitude of butterflies on the other side which is where I cut mine from.


I added a strip of ruffled ribbon as I had made an error on the journalling - shhhhh!
Below are the cut out butterflies with Crystal stickles.



The title was cut with my Art Nouveau Cricut cartridge shadowed with brown cardstock.


I also stickled the butterflies on the main page.


This is the sketch, click here for more details although it does finish tomorrow.


The story is a little sad really, this is the only photograph I have of this lovely lady who was my childminder from being a baby through to Secondary School.
Shortly after I married (first time 1986) she lost her husband, Norman, and became rather reclusive.
I never got to see her much as she wouldn't answer the door if you called round. We did speak sometimes on the telephone but she never wanted to leave the house to meet up.
She never met Lianne, although I used to send photographs, which is a shame.
She passed away a few years ago now and it saddens me that I never got to see her beforehand.
Her only son, Andrew, died earlier this year with no other family that we know of.
I can only hope that they are all together now in heaven (or where ever you want to call it) and are happily reunited - May they rest in peace.

Thanks for looking and sorry for the sad story!



4 comments:

Lynn said...

A beautiful layout for this sad story. Love all the butterflies.
Funnily enough I have been looking at doing this challenge layout this afternoon, going through my Kaiser papers!

Emilie said...

Such a gorgeous layout! Sad story but scrapbooking is a great way to record good and bad things. And the ribbon works just fine! Thank you for playing along with us at Merly Impressions!

Chrissy said...

Hi Linda,

A truly beautiful layout, thank you for taking part Linda.

Chrissy xXx

Anita said...

What a beautiful page Linda....but what a sad story. A wonderful tribute x