Backgroung

Monday 18 June 2012

1st Father's day card for Kevin

The lovely Claire that I used to work with asked me to make a father's day card for her husband Kevin.
Lyla was born last November and is their first child.
She wanted it to be red, white and blue so I thought the Portobello Rd papers would be perfect.
I think it's very appropriate seeing as we are having such a patriotic year with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee & the Olympics.


Claire sent me the photos to use and I printed and cropped them to 6x6 cm, matted onto blue dotty paper. The base is an 8x8" card with the Union Jack as a base. I printed the greetings onto the newsprint paper and cut them out.


The rosette was punched with a 1 3/4 circle and scallop from Stampin' Up. The ruffle is a Martha Stewart punched strip which I have fixed with the red double sided tape, the ribbons were added underneath.

Hope all the Dad's out there had a lovely Father's Day!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Great use of the papers. Like the rosette to. x