Backgroung

Sunday 17 June 2012

Inky Vintage...

Continuing with the Vintage Challenge on Scrapology, I also made the following card.
I don't do inky so this is not the usual thing I make but as Hels is a Ranger Educator I decided to get out my Tim Holtz bits and play!


The base card is a 6x6 black linen effect. I inked an old page from a book through a stencil (although you can't really see it!) then scrunched and stuck randomly on the page.
The tag is just a postal one which I have inked with Distress Inks then stamped with a set of Tim Holtz stamps which came as part of a kit.
I then stapled some lacey bits on and coated it with distress crackle paint in clear.


The bird is a punch from Stampin' Up which I also inked and added some detail with a black pen.
I stapled some more of the lace down one edge and added a message on a punched oval - also inked.


I added some raffia to tie the tag and twist down one side along with a paper rose.


Check out the challenge on the Scrapology Blog  :)

3 comments:

Scattychick said...

Awwww very "tweet" :)

Lynn said...

Very pretty, love the colour combo used here. Lynn x

Anita said...

Love this! So much to look at xx