Backgroung

Saturday 20 February 2010

A Challenge

Anyone up for a challenge?

I was asked to make some cards for an ex-colleague of mine. She looked at my website and asked me to use the image below, Penny Black's - Evening Glow, but to make her into a skiier!



The ladies the cards are for will be 40, so I decided to adapt the image as requested but leave the "glam" factor. I stamped the image 4 times and coloured them in with my copic markers.
Then I cut skis from white card and coloured them pale blue. I decoupaged the dress and front leg onto the base image then added the skis, drew in the ski poles and added glitter for the earrings and necklace.



To finish the cards, I used BG Sugar Rush papers and alphabets.
I edged the paper with my new Martha Stewart deep edge punches, stamped trees (Clarity Stamps) and added card candy



These are the finished cards which are 8x8in.



Now, the challenge, just for fun, choose any stamp at random and make it into a ski themed card. The results should be very interesting :)

2 comments:

Anita said...

Oh WOW! Linda, these ARE brilliant! They are going to be totally chuffed with them..xxx

Lynn said...

Well your colleague and her friends will all be impressed and pleased with these. They turned out fab Linda.