Backgroung

Sunday 11 May 2014

Lace Frames

My colleague Samantha asked me to make a larger version of the card made for the April Scrapology challenge for her Mum's birthday, this is the result.


I cut an aperture in white card and added two lacey frames from a Tattered Lace die.
This one is larger than the previous one used.
I layered it with a frame with a pricked edge a la Sue Wilson and added pearls to the corners.


The sentiment is Lilli of the Valley mounted onto a SU scalloped punched circle.


Top left I added a double bow of yellow and green organza ribbon with a twine bow on top and pins below.
Tiny clear seed beads were glued on the end to dull the sharp points.


Paper from my collection was added inside along with a cage and bird cut from a Tim Holtz Sizzix die.

I really enjoyed making this one but found the Tattered Lace dies quite hard to cut and very fiddly!

Happy Birthday Sam's Mum!

Thanks for taking a look.
xxx

2 comments:

Alison said...

Looks fiddly Linda - but the result is beautiful! I am sure it was a labour of love.

Lynn said...

You do this so well - lovely.
Lynn x