Backgroung

Monday 26 May 2014

If you go down to the woods........................

I have been busy lately making layouts and cards for upcoming Scrapology Challenges which I can't share as yet so today I thought I would take some time to make a page for the Merly Impressions Blog challenge instead - Spring is in the air.

For me that means Bluebells and Arlington Bluebell Walk, East Sussex.


I used a 12x12 greyboard and coated with 2 layers of white Gesso, then splattered Distress inks in 3 colours.


The photos are 6x6 cm each side and 6x12 cm in the centre and have been mounted onto some pale lilac/grey bazzill.
Torn strips of Kaisercraft Basecoat III were added behind - I used the bark/woodgrain sheet to reflect the trees in my photos, plus some of the sticker elements in Denim which I wrote on in white gel pen.
I then stamped around the edge and along the bottom with some Allium stamps by Lavinia which I got at Alexandra Palace in April. The ink is SU Espresso.


Then back to what I like best at the moment, I added fronds, leaves, blooms and butterflies which have been die cut/punched. Little lilac gems were added the the centres.


To finish I used the letters from the collection, finelined in black and coated with glossy accents.

Hope over to the Merly Impressions blog for details of how to enter, there is still time.

Thanks for taking a look 
x

3 comments:

Tasa said...

I love look of this layout, the wood paper is perfect and all the leaves and blooms beautiful. almost as beautiful as a bluebell wood!

KdFriend said...

Beautiful layout! So much detail

Lynn said...

Great page, lovely with all the fronds and the letters look good glossed up too. Beautiful!

Lynn x