Backgroung

Wednesday 7 May 2014

C is for corrugated cardboard

This month at Scrapology we have chosen to lift a beautiful layout by Tracy Christine Funk from Ontario.
Her gallery can be found HERE.

I chose to use some of my favourite papers from Basic Grey - Eva. These have featured a lot in my crafting lately, more to follow.
I tore the the edge of the floral paper and added to a gutted sheet of deep purple.
My Martha Stewart deep edge punch was used to create the layers in white bazzill which I inked around the edge with Milled Lavender distress ink.


The swirl is cut from mountboard using a Sizzix die and stained with the same inks.
A selecton of die cut stems from Memory box and Heartfelt Creations were added too.


The flower centres are punched with a snowflake punch and finished with a gem.


The circle was edged with a Martha Stewart edge punch which I cut down and layered so it would bend.
A strip of ribbon and lace were added across too - I really love this lace, it's so pretty.


The corrugated card was torn from a pizza box which I had a craft delivery in - no tomato sauce!
I added some texture paste and painted roughly with white acrylic paint which I also dragged around the photo.


Here's the beautiful original


 and of course our sketch -


The challenge is open until the 5th June - why not pop over to Scrapology for the DT's inspirational layouts and more details.

Thanks for taking a look
xxx

2 comments:

Karen said...

This is really pretty Linda. I love the pink/white colour combo.

Lynn said...

Such a pretty layout. The white die cuts / punch outs work so well.
Lynn x