Backgroung

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Beautiful Botanicals

 Whilst making the card with my Dad's photograph, I used Sandra's beautiful Sheena Douglass stamps so made a couple more as below.

I stamped the leafy branch onto watercolour card and coloured it using Tim Holtz Distress Markers - Mowed Lawn and Crushed Olive. The flowers were cut out and coloured with Broken China, Chipped Sapphire & Sandra's yellow Spectrum Noir Aqua pen. These were then shaped and added to the branch.


The panel was mounted onto black bazzill and put onto a 6x6" card blank onto which I stamped "Happy Birthday"


The branches were shadowed using a waterbrush and Pumice Distress ink.


I drew a wiggly line around the edge to create a border then added lots of Diamond Stickles plus some Crystal lacquer to look like dew on the leaves.

The smaller one below uses a different leaf stamp and the same blossoms.
This time coloured with Seedless Preserve and Scattered Straw.


I mounted onto black bazzill again and onto a C6 card blank, stamped with a greeting again.
The blooms were added to look as if they were falling from the branch.



Again more stickles added to the centre.

I loved these stamps so much, I have ordered them!

Thank-you Sandra for the loan and the inspiration!

No comments: