Backgroung

Saturday 19 April 2014

Scrapology April Challenge - V is for Verse

My blogger has been playing up and not allowing me to upload photo's - hence the delay in posting this!

For our April challenge we lifted a stunning layout by Steph Devlin, this is my version.
The original had a verse on it and I wanted to use one from Corinthians which was read at our wedding.
I don't have an A3 printer so cut my 12x12 down and run it though on A4 paper.
I then re-joined it with a plain sheet behind.
I stenciled the butterflies with distress ink then added a die cut (Marianne) and chipboard clock which I had painted with white acryllic and stained with the same distress pad.


My photo was added centrally and flowers and wired ribbons added underneath.


Leaves, stems and swirls were added behind along with some Memory box butterflies and gems.


I'm loving the Memory box dies at the moment, especially the dandelion heads and butterflies.


Here is the verse - the paper is from BG Plumeria collection.


Here is Steph's stunning inspiration and our sketch.



There is still time to enter, pop over to the blog for inspiration and competition details.




3 comments:

Karen leonard said...

Beautiful layout Linda, your die cuts look amazing.
karen x

Lynn said...

This is very pretty, lovely colours too. Glad you got Blogger working again. x

Lynn said...

This is very pretty, lovely colours too. Glad you got Blogger working again. x