Backgroung

Friday 2 December 2011

F is for Filter Papers - Scrapology December Challenge

New items are always arriving on the crafting scene, amongst the new ones are Filter papers.
They can be purchased already printed but we opted to use the type found in coffee machines and decorated them ourselves.
Our scraplift is from Pamela Young who works with Fancy Pants, her blog can be found here.

I used American Craft Christmas papers to create my page along with 2 sheets of Navy cardstock.


I decided to use the Mistletoe style paper as the base for my page.
I cut a large circle with my creative memories Cutter and red blade from the blue cardstock.
The filter paper I had was too small to fit this circle so, I folded it into a cone shape, cut a scallop in the top, then cut it in half and re-positioned it so it fitted the inner circle.
It looked too white so I used Adirondack paint daubers very lightly around the edge to define.
Once I had decided on the position on the page, I cut two edges square.
Using the same large circle cutter, I cut two circles using the red blade followed by the blue one to create a ring of the red paper, then reversed it so the patterned silver side was uppermost.
I cut some of the pale green paper to the same size and covered half the circle. Once the edges were all inked I put these over the filter paper and cut the same angles on two edges and fixed all layers to the page.
My main photograph is approx. 5x5” mounted with a thin border onto the navy cardstock, the smaller photos are approx. 3x2” trimmed and mounted too.
I placed them onto the page then cut and layered the poinsettias from one of the papers between. Glossy accents and gold stickles have been used in the centres, I tucked another flower under the edge of the filter papers.


I drew some pencil lines onto the pale aqua area and wrote my journaling – only a few lines. The pencil lines are easily erased once the ink has dried fully.
A strip of white ribbon creates a border along the bottom of the page to which I added a thinner red ribbon, a 1” strip of the silver patterned paper was added beneath the white as it was too sheer.
I felt it needed a little “extra” so I stitched along the edge of the blue circle which I felt finished it off.

Apologies for the paper daisies over the photographs, this is to protect the childs ID.

This is the original layout and our sketch.



Why not hop over to the Scrapology blog to see the other design team pages :)

1 comment:

Anita said...

Lovely page Linda, reall;y love those poinsettias and your ribboning round the edge.xxx