Backgroung

Thursday 24 March 2011

About time too!

I have had these beautiful photographs of my great-nephew since he was born @ 18 months ago.
I have tried to scrap them many times but never found the right papers.
However, whilst on our retreat at the weekend I was playing the the Marjolaine paper pack (available at Cardinal Colours) and made the following.


I will add the journalling later on.
The jewelled image was from Cardinal Colours too.
The base page on this was made with a doily and Cosmic Shimmer mists - thanks Anita :)


This is how it looks as a double


The ribbon technique below was used by Karen at the weekend and was so pretty that I decided to use it here. The words are from a new stamp set I recently purchased by Hero Arts.
Thanks Karen too :)


Please excuse my strategically placed daisies, they are to disguise the identity.

It was quite funny really as I made 6 layouts and a mini album - some I have to wait to share - and four of the six were made from the same paper pack! Think I may be buying another one soon. :)

Thanks for looking x

5 comments:

Tracie H said...

I love double pages and this one is rather cute.

Anita said...

these really are such beautiful pages Linda, I loved watching how much you enjoyed making them...and how much you LOVE that paper pack....best you order a COUpLE more lol.xx

Karen said...

Beautiful pages Linda. i think I must have been asleep at the weekend because I don't remember seeing them. Ho hum!

liz said...

Beautiful Linda, well worth waiting for. x

Lynn said...

You really enjoyed all the techniques that went into these layouts. The result was worth all the ork. Great DLO.