Backgroung

Monday 19 April 2010

Inspired by

At Debden recently, I thought I'd try to make some cards by Julie Hickey.
This one divides the front of the card into 2 pieces then re-joins them with flowers, a message and a butterfly.
I really love the way this one works.
The paper is from CWC Richie collection with inked edges.
I used glossy accents to join the pieces and card candy in the flower centres.


Below is a close up image, I'm not sure glossy accents was the right medium to use as it buckled slightly.


The card below was copied from Julie's latest book.
Her design was in cream but I only had white cards with me.
An aperture is cut from the front of the card and the flowers are linked over the gap.
In white I felt it looked too stark so I used a yellow stardust gel pen to add detail to the edge of the flowers and card.


Below is a close up of the flowers.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Very pretty cards Linda.

liz said...

Love this Linda - very clever design. xx