Backgroung

Tuesday 23 August 2011

How I made my August Card Challenge Cards....

We were very pleased that Barbara from Clarity Stamps agreed to set our August card challenge and offer such a fabulous prize! See here for details.

These are the cards I made.....


I used Clarity silk art card and masked the edges to create a border.
The sun was punched from a post-it note then the sky was brayered from the top corner with a big and juicy pad and a speedball brayer - these really are the best for the task.
The land was created with a torn piece of copier paper and a make-up sponge.
I used the Alium stamp set removing one edge of tape to go over the side. 
A fine-liner was used to squiggle around the image then mounted onto orange bazzill then onto an  A5 white card.

  

For this one I used the tree framed stamp.
I used another big and juicy pad to create the land and the sky.
The sun was the hole in the post-it for the card above which I brayered darker to look like a setting sun.
I used a make-up sponge to create shadows.
I cut around the frame and mounted onto gold mirri card.
The base is a 6x6" card layered with orange bazzill and some white vellum.
 A strip of seam binding was added with a knot to finish.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hi Linda, this is the fist day I have been able to see anything on your blog for several days. Beautiful cards, great use of the brayer.