Backgroung

Wednesday 10 August 2011

How I created my dimensional flowers

Dimensional Flowers - Our lovely DT member Anita showed us how to make these. She can't remember where she found the original tutorial so please let us know if it was you so we can acknowledge & say Thanks!.


Cut flowers with Jumbo, Large and Medium retro daisy punches - 2 of each size.


I wanted to “grunge” them up so I stamped them with an Archival ink pad – this must be alcohol based or the ink will bleed. Once stamped I gently ran the ink pad from the centre over the edges.



Allow to dry.
Use wet kitchen paper to dampen the flowers, you will notice the colour change, then scrunch up and allow to dry.

Assemble with strong Glue offsetting the petals then add a gem or pearl to the centre.



I then sprayed mine with spray and sparkle.


Hope this has helped.

TFL
xxx

2 comments:

Sue Jones said...

Fab! Thanks for sharing, I do like to make my flowers.

Claire said...

That's fab, great tutorial.
C
xx