Backgroung

Sunday, 1 May 2011

Scrapology May Challenge - V is for Vine

This month we are scraplifting Liberty Chance, you can see her blog here.



Our challenge was to make our own vines to decorate the layout.
We used some paper roses, pearl bead stems and leaves which were bound with florist tape. I started at the bottom and worked my way up the stem, leaving out some of the wires to curl up. I then dabbed the flowers with ink to tint them and added stickles for some sparkle. Lynn found a tutorial on the web for doing this - see here


The papers are from the new Prima Sparkling Spring range, Berry Fresh, Pink Apron and Rosebud with a base of White bazzill cardstock - all available from Cardinal Colours. I used a Martha Stewart deep edge punch to create the lace border. The title was cut with Teardrop Cricut cartridge. The journalling blocks are torn, drawn freehand and punched. The butterflies are from the reverse side of one of the papers. I added some small letter stickers which Lynn gave me.

This is the sketch and the original page.


I really loved the fresh colours of the original page.

Thanks Liberty for allowing us to use your design.

TFL xx

4 comments:

simplyfairies said...

What fabulous pages you have here love them all....

Liberty said...

I love your scraplift Linda, it's so pretty! Thanks for choosing my LO :)

Elaina said...

I love your page, it is so pretty and the flowers are lovely.

Anita said...

Beautiful page and a stunning photo Linda, this certainly was a lovely one to lift ( even if it took me forever lol)..xxx