Backgroung

Sunday 29 November 2009

New Microwave

Things seem to be blowing up in our house recently, you may recall the fridge/freezer packing up in June on the hottest day of the year so far? Recently the kettle sprung a leak and left puddles all over the work surface - new kettle! Friday the microwave went bang and produced a cloud of smoke, so, today we spent the day looking for and buying a new one. I think I'm quite good with technology but it baffles me why the control panels are more like flying the shuttle!

The only buttons you need are full power, warm, defrost and how long - so why, I ask myself, are there buttons for Curry, Pasta, Chinese, Jacket Potato etc etc etc..... what a waste of time.


Anyhow, have a new Panasonic one and will get my shuttle pilots license in due course :)

2 comments:

Lynn said...

IKWYM - We spent ages working out how to use the cooker in my mum's new place yesterday, that is all symbols, instead of temperature! No instruction book either!

Anita said...

oh no, what a blighter to happen. I hate all these blinking buttons and knobs and switches, just give me an on and off switch and I am ok lol.