Backgroung

Sunday 1 July 2012

Scrapology July Challenge - Y is for Yarn

This month we are Scraplifting the mega talented Gabrielle Pollacco and chose to use Bo Bunny's Country Garden papers - a limited number of kits available via Cardinal Colours, please contact me for further details :)

I used the Country Garden Stripe as my base page and gutted the centre. Seeds was trimmed to 11.5" and distressed around the edges then added to the base. In trimming I had a piece of the "stitched" effect left over so I cut it out and stuck it back on.
Various mats were cut from stripes and blocks from the cut-out sheet which were also distressed, inked and placed on the page. I machine stitched around the photograph.

I punched a border with an EK Success large hole punch and placed along the bottom of the mats, then looped string along fixing with extra tacky glue. The picket fence panels were cut with the Cricut and added with 3d foam. The hanging sign for journaling was cut with Lynn's Tim Holtz die.
Lynn spent ages cutting seed packets, flower pots and tools for this kit and I have used them in a stack to one side, she also printed all the little labels.
The flowers in the pot were punched with a Martha Stewart multi punch and added dimensionally with liquid pearls in the centres.

Various blooms were added randomly below the photo along with a plant stem with leaves.
Pearls were added for centres.

In the top panel I cut out the words from the cut-outs sheet and added with 3d foam then added a large butterfly also from the sheet. The smaller butterflies were on one of the panels along with the "count your blessings" sentiment which is also on 3d foam.


Here is the original page by Gabrielle and our sketch.



It would be lovely to see your version of this lift, hop over to Scrapology for the challenge and prize and to see the lovely work by our fabulous DT this month.

TFL
XXX

2 comments:

fatmonica said...

It's a stunning layout.So much texture and dimension and every time I look I see something new!

Jennifer Grace said...

That's so pretty, I love the picket fence with the flowers around it! Great take on the challenge.

P.S. Did you see my blog event? Giveaways and more here: http://www.jennifersjumbles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/end-of-weekend-but-not-end-of.html

But hurry, the giveaways close tonight! x