Backgroung

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Christmas in July!

Well, Doctor's orders dictate that I have to rest my knee, so I'm catching up with my scrapbooking as this can be done sitting down - feet up!

I am adding pages to my great-niece Megan's album which I started when she was born - she'll be 4 next week!
I had already made pages of her Christening but Christmas was before this so....I remembered a page made a while back at a crop in Suffolk with Lynn where I had used a photo of Megan with her Mum, Cheryl. I had a double page space so found the leftover papers and made the following to match.


I added a sheet of cream bazzill for the background, the rest are Echo Park - Everyone loves Christmas.
The Poinsettia below was made at the same event to decorate a box we made from 12x12 cardstock.
I added it here instead as the box is still on my craftroom shelf.


The snowmen were cut from a sheet of the paper and mounted onto stamp effect punched squares (Stampin' Up punch) some decoupaged, one glittered and the other with twine added as a scarf.


The borders and letters are leftovers on the sticker sheet which came with the kit.
I had run out of e's so adapted the f's - hope its not too obvious?


I used a fine-liner around the edges too and added diamante to the border.
The larger letters for "Little" were the same colour in the middle (all I had left) so I drew onto them to alter them a bit.


The original page was designed by Lou Collins, my version is below.


This is the box the Poinsettia came from and the kit.

 

Thanks for looking :)

XXX




1 comment:

Anita said...

What lovely pages Linda, loving all the little details. Sorry I missed the first layout when you originally blogged it. Hope your knee improves soon x