Backgroung

Thursday 28 August 2014

80th Birthday..............

Whilst on the theme of numbered birthdays, I remembered this card I forgot to blog.
It was also made for Jennifer for her Uncle a while back.


It's A5 in size and uses papers and products I got from Alexandra Palace earlier this year.
The letters are cut from Grungeboard which I ran through an embossing folder which has clocks on it.
They were painted with green, blue and black acryllic paints then coated with antiquing cream.
When this dries you rub it back with a damp cloth to bring though the colours underneath - I was quite pleased with a first attempt.

I created a scroll for the message and glossed the words - die cut with a sizzlet.

Lots of cogs cut with a Tim Holtz die were added along with some brads.
I tied some cords though the hole in the eight.

It didn't go without injury either as I was cutting the legs of off one of the star brads and cut clean though my index finger - a deep v cut which I had to wear a plaster on for days as it kept bleeding!
The things we do eh?

Have you injured yourself whilst crafting?

No comments: