Backgroung

Sunday 10 August 2014

Gerald - a very naughty elephant!

This months challenge over at Merly Impressions is Journalling.

I am working my way through the elephants I collected during the 2010 parade and knew I had to use Gerald as he has a story to tell - here is my page.


I have used papers from Kaisercrafts Chapter One collection.
Afresh was trimmed to 11 1/2 " and mounted onto black bazzill which I had gutted.
Motivate paper was cut in half vertically. I wanted to put my journalling onto this piece but I hate my handwriting so I typed it in Word then printed onto an A4 sheet of paper.
Having placed my patterned paper where I wanted the text (stuck with Herma) I ran it back through the printer and voila - perfectly placed.


The journalling was matted onto black bazzill, the photo has a double mount of Afresh and black bazzill.
I wanted to add leaves and remembered I had a set of stamps from Clarity which would be perfect.
Two sized leaves were used, stamped onto the remaining Afresh using Stampin' Up ink pads.
I cut them out and layered them.


The text above gives the hilarious story of poor Gerald and his demise.
To complete the page I added a die cut branch and leaf (Sizzix strip) which I coloured with the same ink pads plus a few punched butterflies.

Do pop over the to Merly Blog to find out details of the challenge.






3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hi Linda,

Lovely layout and great journalling.
Thank you for entering the Merly challenge.

Chrissy xXx

Lynn said...

You did it! Great page.
Lynn x

Tasa said...

wonderful layout and amazing detail. thanks for details of how to journal on patterned paper. I love the chapter one collection so much I haven't been able to cut it!