Backgroung

Monday 3 March 2014

Wicked Day! - Scrapology March Challenge - U is for Use your stash!

Our lovely DT member  SANDRA created a beautiful layout which was featured in a recent issue of Scrapbook Magazine to create a layout for less than £5.00.

We thought that most people have lots of unused things just waiting for that perfect layout so the technique is to "use your stash" !

I used Basic Grey Curio papers which I have had since they first came out and made the following:


I surrounded my photograph with cut blooms from the paper, some are layered with 3d foam, and added small thumbprint photos of the day into them. I also added a strip made with photobooth down one side.
I wanted to added lots of photo's of our day out  - organised by Robert and Lianne for my birthday last year - The show Wicked!, a visit to the M&M shop in Leicester Square and dinner at the Rainforest Cafe with a volcano of a desert as in the main picture.


I added some beautiful teal crushed ribbon under the photo which I have frilled with red tape.




I cut a butterfly from the paper I used behind the folded corners and raised the wings on foam pads.


Below is Sandra's gorgeous original and our sketch.





Hop on over to the blog to see the DT's inspiration and details of the challenge.

4 comments:

Anita said...

Super page Linda....and using one of my most fave BG collections x

Karen said...

Lovely layout Linda. Must have taken an age to do all that fussy cutting.

Lynn said...

Lovely layout Linda. Love the cutting, papers and ribbon.
Lynn x

Karen leonard said...

Super layout, I love all the dimension and how you've added lots of little photos, neat idea and great take on the sketch xx