Backgroung

Sunday 24 February 2013

Birthday Cakes x 2

My best friend Tracey asked if I would make her daughter Emma's 18th birthday cake so today has been a baking day.
She sent me a photo of a cake they had seen so I made the following version.
As it's Roberts birthday tomorrow, I also made him a Victoria sponge. 


The Victoria sponge has buttercream and apricot jam filling and is displayed on the beautiful cake stand Lynn bought me for my birthday the year before last.


This is the cake Emma wanted. Tracey came to help so we decorated it together.
It's a 6" and 10" moist chocolate cake.
The top layer was covered with white fondant and "zebra" stripes in black. The bottom is covered in pink fondant with white dots.


I mixed up some royal icing and piped dots onto the bases, then painted some edible glitter on the discs with Cranberry vodka :)
We added a bow of fondant to the top and an 18 which was glazed with pink glitter. 


Happy Birthday to Emma (and also Robert!)

TFL
xxx


5 comments:

Unknown said...

it's finger-licking good!

Lynn said...

Wow, it turned out really well Linda. She will be so pleased with that. Robert's cake looks good too.

Happy birthday Robert and Emma. x

liz said...

Love the cakes Linda. I'm sure the cake for Emma was not as easy as you make out - its really lovely. Robert's cake looks really scrumptious too. Clever you. x

Anita said...

WOWSER! What an absolutely incredible cake Linda...looks amazing. xx

Linda said...

Thanks, was quite pleased as I was feeling really unwell and def not in the mood :(