Backgroung

Wednesday 25 June 2014

My name is..........................

Our second challenge was to make a name badge.
As always, I can't keep things simple :)


I started with some mountboard cut with a Tim Holtz sizzix die and painted it hot pink and black.
A thick layer of Kroma Crackle mixed with green paint was added and allowed to dry.
It was a little too green so I gave it a spritz with some black shimmer mist and inked all the edges.
It was getting there but still  not 100% happy I sprayed it with glitter.


I made some roses with a six petal punch then dipped then into UTEE using a meltpot plus some die cut leaves, a swirl and some stems. This made them really solid and unlikely to break.


All were fixed with a hot glue gun once I had decided on placement.


For my name, I used a Sizzix alphabet cut in pink and black which I used as a shadow.
Once in place they were coated with glossy accents.
The crackle shows up quite well here.

Finally I glued a pin to the back and added ribbons but, it was very heavy so I added a lanyard too!

I am very pleased to say that I won first prize for this of some extra pennies to spend in the shop!
Thanks Chrissy and team for choosing my badge :)

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Well done Linda!

Sylvia x

Sylvia said...

Well done Linda on first prize!

Sylvia x