Backgroung

Sunday 20 October 2013

A Diamond Anniversary.

Do you know the feeling when someone asks you to make a card and your Mojo takes a walk?
Today I did - I sat and stared at papers this morning and stared some more.....

then out of nowhere back Mojo came, albeit slowly!

I had been asked to make a Diamond Anniversary card for a friend, 8x8" in peach and cream - the brief was they deserved a medal for being together for so long - so that's just what they got.


It started like this - I made 3 peach roses from Bazzill, punched & stamped with a favourite text stamp and espresso ink.

 

I then experimented with a smaller 6 petal punch and made the cream ones.
I used a piece of paper from a Theresa Collins set and scrunched seam binding along two edges, then added the roses and some foliage die-cut with a memory box die, some punched fronds and a few small twists of thin chiffon ribbon.


The medal came next - I punched 8 scalloped circles with my SU punch and stuck them together.
The central circle was cut with the co-coordinating punch.
I used the cropodile to create the hole and added a eyelet.
The numbers were cut with a Sizzix alphabet, coated with glue (still wet below) and some 3mm diamante.
Bigger bling was added around the scallop.


Here it is in place on the card, held with more of the chiffon ribbon.


The greeting is LOTV mounted onto the larger scallop and circle punches from SU and more Diamonds - of course!


By this time, I realised it was a little thick for an envelope so I chanced my arm and created a matching box.   



I'm quite pleased with the result and hope my friend was too.

So...............next time the Mojo ups and leaves - think I'll get the punches out and make some roses.

Thanks for taking the time to read my missive
xxx



1 comment:

jill said...

A beautiful card & matching box .