Backgroung

Monday 14 March 2011

Bunting for Lianne

Saturday 5th March, we went for our monthly crop at Cardinal Colours with the usual suspects and much fun and laughter.
I made the banner below for Lianne's 21st birthday, here you see it hanging the the dining room ready for our Sunday party.

I used some papers I bought last year at the big event and added matching bazzill cardstock.

Here are the close-ups:







I made a cardboard template to cut the triangles then traced and cut the dotty paper. It was stuck onto the bazzill and cut around with pinking shears. Eyelets were added to the corners and it was threaded onto white ribbon. The letters were cut the the Cricut Jasmine cartridge and Lynn kindly cut out the butterflies.
I used the retro flower punch in 2 sizes to make the flowers and borrowed Anita's leaf punches to finish them. Candi was added to the centres. The butterflies were stuck together pattern onto plain then the body added and glittered.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

It looks lovely too, hope Lianne was pleased. That is reall something for her to treasure from her 1st.

Anita said...

and it IS absolutely BEAUTIFUL Linda...really gorgeous!..xxx I hope it was appreciated :)..xxx

liz said...

The pictures don't do the bunting justice Linda. It's really lovely. I hope Lianne liked the effect and had a lovely birthday. x

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, puts my attempt to shame.