I was delighted to be chosen for PaperArtsy's #3UP challenge using JOFY (Jo Firth Young) stamps!
As many of you will know, I adore her products so this was a dream come true.
This is what I made - stamp sets in brackets.
I started with a 7x7" piece of watercolour card and stamped the bee-hive (30) and two stems of the lilac/yellow blooms (26) on the left. The background was then given a wash of Tumbled Glass - distress ink.
The blooms (26) were coloured with Shaded Lilac and Squeezed Lemonade.
Three further stems were stamped, coloured then cut out - then layered up with glue gel to create dimension.
In the centre I stamped the small honeycomb (30) and added some hexagons from the same set, coloured with Wild Honey. These were cut out and glued into place with the Sentiment (mini) over the top.
The hive (30) was coloured next and I added a double spray of the flower (32) stamped directly over.
The flowers were stamped again, coloured with Seedless Preserve and Carved Pumpkin then glued just in the centres. Top-tip - colour the edges on the main page before adding so that the colour reflects underneath too. I just adore these little bees (30) which were cut, coloured and added with glittered wings.
Another favourite stamp is the dragonfly (13) which was cut out twice and layered. Another technique I love is adding detail with a white sharpie pen - I really feel it makes the image "pop".
To finish I cut several of the daisy/grass strips (13) and place them along the base with additional leaves and blooms.
The whole project was mounted onto some black card which I think frames it well.
This is the colour palate I used - markers and ink pads too.
Thank-you for taking the time to read this - please take a look at the PaperArtsy blog for more artwork for this challenge.
Thanks Leandra and Darcey too!