Backgroung

Thursday 28 November 2013

Autumnal birthday cards

 
Still catching up with my blogging - I have been bad lately!
 
These are cards I made for my crop friends - they only received them in November so couldn't show them before!
 
I used a stamp set from Woodware that I bought recently and based them on a design I saw instore.
Scraps were cut into 2" squares and stuck onto card.
I them stamped with a black ink onto the panel and mounted it onto black and a card with patterned paper.
 
 
The greeting is another new purchase from LOTV which I layered onto SU circle and scalloped punches. A row of gems were glued around the edge to add sparkle.
 

Being a new stamp, I wasn't happy with the depth of colour so tried to stamp over.
Not a good idea as I was slightly off :(
I saved the situation by using a glue pen and some irridescent glitter to add shadow.
I think it worked - happy accident?

 
The second was done the same way - sorry but I've just realised the photo is really blurred.
 
 
This time the stamp worked much better but I still added touches of glitter.


 The same stamped greeting was used but this time I used tiny gems (2mm) to edge it. 

 
Happy (Belated) Birthday to Chris and Zoe.
 
xxx

1 comment:

Lynn said...

The result was very pretty and so seasonal. x
Lynn x