Backgroung

Monday 23 September 2013

A little box of Love.........

The second class I taught at the Cardinal Colours Autumn weekend crop was the following box frame.
 
 
The box frame is 9x9" and is glossed white.
I created a grid template on my Cricut using Home Decor cartridge of hearts.
This was cut to fit the back board and an 8x8" or patterned paper placed behind.

 
I then cut loads of hearts the same size from ice cream toned bazzill.
My photo is 3 1/2 " Square and is mounted onto a 4x4" piece of the background paper.

 
The hearts were layered in colour order then machine stitched into place with white thread.
I kept the white hearts on the top and for once did not ink any of the edges!
Well apart from the photo and mount :)
 
The word love was cut with the same cartridge placed over the photograph and coated with glossy accents.
 
To finish, I added 4 gems in a diagonal across the page.
 
I loved designing this frame and hope my class ladies did too - I am hoping to add their versions below shortly.
 
Thanks for looking.
xxx


1 comment:

Anita said...

Love this frame!Really striking with the white base and the pretty ice cream colours in the layers.