Backgroung

Thursday 13 August 2009

Leaving Book




My friend Denise asked me to create a leaving book for her colleague Cath as she is leaving soon.
She wanted to include pictures of everyone so I made this picture book.
I folded 3 x A4 sheet in half to make A5 sized cards then stuck them together with double sided tape to make an "M" shape.


I mounted this photograph of Cath onto the front with some silver mirri card and added her name.
Inside the card I cut a semi circle and rectangle into the top edges and put some cards inside with ribbon tags so her friends could write messages.
I used Dovecraft Aquamarine floral print papers to decorate the card and added photographs.
This page was embellished with a Daisy punch and gold circle centres.

I cut the slant into the papers on these pages and fixed around 3 edges with double sided tape to form pockets into which I added pull out cards with photographs on.
This page was embellised with the retro daisy punch and cuttlebug butterfly and embossing folder.



This was the last internal page which forms the "V" in the "M" shape. I kept this page quite simple so that Cath can add further photgraphs here. I used the smaller daisy punch and added CWC card candy to the centres.

This is the back cover. I fixed the ribbon with double sided tape and added a seal for decoration.
The ends of the ribbon tie into a bow on the front cover to secure the booklet.
I hope that Cath enjoys her book and wish her Good Luck for the future.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm sure she will be really pleased with this. Nice that she can add to it too.